Business Success Partner, Nelson & Tasman
John joined Compass South following a varied career as a “hands on” manager and as a business owner. His extensive practical business experience and knowledge combined with the Compass South Business Success Programme results in a winning combination that helps business owners reach their full business potential.
Over the course of his career, John has:
* Managed a multi-site retail store, Mobil North Brisbane
* Worked as a business development manager, Matilda Fuels Queensland
* Opened and operated a franchise, Need a Nerd Gisborne
* Opened and operated a rental car agency, Thrifty Car Rentals Gisborne
* Held and operated Site Dealer Contracts, Mobil Portside Gisborne
* Started several new businesses
- The Laundromat (Gisborne)
- The Internet Cafe (Gisborne)
- Portside Food Van (mobile food van)
John also holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree as well as being involved mentoring small and medium sized businesses through Business Mentors New Zealand. He is also a trained facilitator for the Co-Starters Business Start-Up Scheme.
When he is not working, John is kept busy as the father of three teenage boys. In his leisure time, John enjoys tinkering with motor bikes and spending time in or on the water; surfing, fishing and diving.
For most of us, being in business isn’t a walk in the park. We found ourselves asking questions like ‘have we found our target market, is our pricing correct, what is our “big” picture and do we really understand the figures in financial reports and fully understand what they really mean’. So we went looking for a business coach - one who we could connect with and who could connect with us. John Hopkins ticked all the boxes and has been invaluable ever since. His business knowledge and experience in business in vast – all backed up with facts and figures. He’s also very patient and determined to help you succeed. Priceless…
John's enthusiasm and skills have allowed us to push through to the text level in growth and profit. Hands down the best.